|Fall Leaves ~ photographed by Dawn Jagroop-Goolcharan instagram:(@dawnee)|
|Pumpkin Cannelloni fresh out of the oven|
|Rust Colours ~ photographed by Dawn Jagroop-Goolcharan instagram:(@dawnee)|
GOAL SETTING GUIDELINES:
- The first step is to make your goal, perhaps you want to quit smoking or start running, what ever the case, pick one.
- Give yourself a deadline. 30 days is reasonable. Practice your goal everyday until you succeed.
- Tell everyone your goal, commit to yourself completely. You may want to email people, announce it on Facebook or Tweet it.
- Set up a reward system, you can celebrate once a week! You deserve it!
- Plan to beat your bad side. Recognize its going to be a challenge, so develop a plan to overcome urges.
- Track your progress! Write in a journal, record your accomplishments and remember to stay positive!
Best of Luck,
|3 Cheese Pumpkin Cannelloni|
2 cups of Pumpkin (I used can pumpkin)
1 package of frozen spinach
1/2 cup of hazelnuts or pine nuts
150g Canadian Borgonzola
150g shredded Provolone
Parmesan to taste
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg of fresh lasagna sheets
1 can of plum tomatoes
1 can of tomato paste
1/2 cup of sweet onion sliced and caramelized
Slice onions thinly
Heat oil and butter, add onions and salt and pepper.
Cook onions until soft on medium heat when they start to turn transparent add orange juice or chicken stock, when the juice/stock is reduced add a splash of white wine and cover and reduce for 5 min, cook until onions golden brown.
In a saucepan combine, tomatoes, paste and 1 clove of minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Use your favourite utensil to mash the tomatoes, I used a hand held blender. You can add a tablespoon of sugar, but the sauce is meant to be simple and not overpowering. Cook on medium heat while preparing the rest of the food.
In a bowl, mix pumpkin, defrosted (water squeezed out) spinach, garlic, caramelized onions nuts, spices and salt and pepper ad Borgonzola cheese and use fork to mix well.
Cut lasagna noodles in half, spoon stuffing on top and start rolling!
Place cannelloni into pans lined with tomato sauce you will need 2 square pans or 1 large lasagna size pan. Cover them with remainder of sauce and top with the Provolone cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for an additional 20 minutes.